Thursday, September 16, 2010

SMilestones of Mavi at 24 months

I realize that I should continue tracking my son’s monthly development.  I know that it is a tremendous job but I just wanted to check if his development is according to his age.  You see we don’t go to the doctor for our monthly checkup so it is better for me to have my son’s milestones documented and checked via the BABYCENTER.

Source:  BABYCENTER

Mastered Skills (most kids can do)  

• Names at least six body parts
• Half of speech is understandable
• Makes two- to three-word sentences

  • CHECK!  Body parts Mavi can name:  eyes, nose, ears, neck, hair, head, chin, teeth, tongue, legs, toes, feet, hands, fingers, bellybutton and his P*&^%$^&&*
  • CHECK!  And he babbles a lot.  Oftentimes, he tries to make a conversation with his Dad but we couldn’t figure out what he’s saying.
  • CHECK! He can say “Mama, where are you?”
Emerging Skills (half of kids can do)  

• Talks about self
• Arranges things in categories
• Can walk down stairs

  • Does “I’m dancing! I”m hopping” counts?
  • CHECK!  He fixes and arranges his toys and books after he plays with them.
  • CHECK! But I don’t allow him to do it.
Advanced Skills (a few kids can do)  

• Begins to understand abstract concepts (e.g., sooner and later)
• Becomes attuned to gender differences
• Learns to jump

  • I don’t know if he understands it yet, but I am using the word “later” everyday. 
  • Since we don’t go out that much, and he doesn’t have playmates, I dunno about this.
  • CHECK! He jumps from the sofa to the floor or from his chair.  He also jumps on the bed, and keep on saying “I’m jumping!”.

No comments:

Post a Comment