My Montessori Journey has a wonderful idea of pre-school Montessori language and I just couldn’t resist but make one for Mavi.
So I figured that I should re-do my alphabet activities since Mavi knows all his letters already. And since we are on the stage of learning to read and write, I adapted the system of My Montessori Journey of teaching letters on how they will be used in reading.
Thus... the ramfbitg, cusnpolh and dgyzqwejkvx.
Presenting to you my red series, consisting ramfbitg letters. So my letters usually consist of the following:
- letter sound book which has the same function as that of My Montessori Journey
- the read book which consist of 4 images. I just collected four coloring images from the internet and stick them on the pages of the read book
- then we have the Itsy Bitsy books. Too bad, these books are available for consonants only
- tracing letters for lowercase I use the Kumon Wipe Clean Lowercase letters (not shown)
- a guide for building letters and the foam building letters (not shown)
- a lower and uppercase plastic magnetic letters
- a lowercase sandpaper letter
- an uppercase tracing letter which I just downloaded from the net and placed in a poster
Here’s the sound letter. Mavi glued the letter on the paper after we sand the letter “r” song based on the tune of Leapfrog.
The read book.
The building letters. Here’s Mavi doing the letter A. I’m still looking for lowercase building letters.
We will be working with these materials for a while... because it seems that Mavi loves this scheme and it’s really organized. With this scheme I don’t have to think of what to do with the letters every week!
No comments:
Post a Comment