From: No Time for Flashcards
Another delayed post.
We made this craft during the time wherein we were imprisoned in the house due to days of rain and freezing cold climate. There’s nothing much to do with the letter X because there’s not much words or objects starting with the letter X.
Anyway since Xylophone is a favorite word of Mavi whenever I asked him for a thing that starts with letter X so I gave him this craft instead of an X-Ray.
Materials needed:
- black cardstock paper
- scissor
- glue
- crayons and colored pens
- colored papers or construction papers
Here’s how we did it":
- Write a letter X on the orange paper and allow your kid to practice writing on it.
- Allow him to play with the glue or paste and instruct him to apply an ample amount on the letter X. Stick the letter on the background paper that you have.
- While he was scribbling on the letter, I cut out a strip of green, blue, orange and red sticker sheet to the serve as the xylophone in the letter X.
- At the same time, cut out some small squares from the black sheet to serve as bolts or locks.
- I made him stick the strips on the letter as shown below. Then I told him to put more glue on the stickers so we can glue the bolts.
When we were done, my son was so happy with our craft because he loves musical instruments such as the xylophone. For a while he pretended to play with it, making us of our pens as the stick and gesturing that he’s playing on a xylophone.
I hang this on our wall and he loves to see it everyday while saying “xylophone!”
No comments:
Post a Comment