I was talking to my cousin Rose this morning and she asked me when will we have a second one. I told her that we have plans of adding a little one in our little family but that would likely occur in the next 3 years. I wanted to focus on Mavi as of the moment, making sure he gets all the love and care that he could get from us before adding a new member. So most probably, once he's at school and ready to become a big brother, so he can handle little responsibilities as well.
But for now.. just Mavi.
So, the conversation made me realize how much I miss having a newborn.
I've been a full-time Mum since my son was born, and up until now, I can't get enough of him. How time flies, he was once this little fellow and now, he's all grown up.. dancing and singing and showing signs of independence.
Looking back through the first few months of Mavi, here's some of his pictures and some of the adventures we did together.
Newborn Mavi
I took this picture with him on my arms, and me sitting on a wheelchair. This was the day that we checked-out of the hospital. I was the happiest person alive. I have given life to this boy, and now the adventure starts for him and me.. and his Dad too. I don't know what to expect yet, but I just let my maternal instinct do the job. And a million thanks to my mother who guided me all throughout, with a little help from friends and relatives as well.
Mavi 1 Month Old
He's starting to look like a baby at this time. Being a new mom is so difficult. Coping up with all the late-night dramas, the late-night feedings.. emotions just rush in. I suffered from depression because I was missing my husband as well. But Mavi was the source of my strength. I have to be strong for him, to fight all the adversities. And the wait was worth it. Now, we're together as a family and every single day that passes I make sure that it is filled with love. I treasure each day that we are complete.
Mavi 2 Months Old
Dear hubby would ask lots of pictures from his Queen and his little Prince. So each day, I would took pictures of me and Mavi, wishing that Daddy will be part of the picture too. He's beginning to show signs of eczema here as well.
His first trip to Luzon
This is his first plane ride. He was such a good baby, didn't fuss nor cry at all. And I think he carried out that behavior now because he likes riding planes and loves to travel. He's born to travel I guess, and lucky him!
Battling eczema
The worst was this phase, his skin allergies. I was so stressed! Emotionally and Physically. I kept asking myself, what did I do why he got those allergies! Upon the Pedia's explanation, it's all in our genes... and it's in my gene coz I discovered that I HAVE eczema,not Alvin. Yup, it was my fault.
With his Lola
This was the first time they met their ONLY grandchild. Mommy Son enjoys being with Mavi, I guess he reminds him Alvin. They love Mavi to the fullest.
The day he became a Christian. Photo courtesy of Maymee
Another happiest day of my life was offering Maverick his right to be baptized, presenting him to my relatives and friends. Even though Daddy wasn't around, Mavi and I were still overwhelmed with the love of our family and friends. His Lolo and Lola from Bacolod was the happiest! They were there at the hospital when I was in pain, and when Mavi was still in the Nursery. Oh, they miss Mavi so much already!
Mavi at 15 Months
And here he is now, my loving, so sweet and so happy little boy. We love him so much. He inspires us to be a better person, to live life to the fullest. And through him, we have felt God's extraordinary and undying love.








No comments:
Post a Comment