Thursday, February 3, 2011

A Holiday in Switzerland! (Part Deux)

On our last day in Zurich, we simply walked around Glattfelden.  The place was just purely magic! I was so happy that we made this walk because it's one of those relaxing activity that hubby and I haven't done for quite some time.   And since Mavi was with us, it was also the best time to show him everything that there is to see in Zurich: the clear streams, the farm animals, the ducks floating and swimming around, the forest and wonderful green frozen fields.

IMG_0639

That day, we were also celebrating our wedding anniversary, the first time to celebrate it together as a family.  We were glad that we made this walk instead of having fancy dinner is that we were able to free ourselves from all the material things in the world, and just contemplate on our marriage with the serenity of our surroundings.

IMG_0631IMG_0622

Oh just look at the stream!! Mavi was so fascinated with it... and the water was so clear! The place was an ideal place to raise kids! The place was so peaceful, it was like heaven!  I wouldn't mind raising a dozen kids on this beautiful place hehe!

       IMG_0686IMG_0679

Mavi enjoyed the scenery.... he had fun describing them... and of course, he enjoyed the sight of the farms animal too!  Oh he was so giddy when he saw the ducks and cows since we don't have them in Belgrade.

       IMG_0677IMG_0658

Since it was a holiday season, we were the only ones walking around.  Lahat ata ng mga tao ay nag Christmas Vacation.  Nakalimutan na namin na sobrang tagal na kaming naglalakad.  We have to stop by at this cottage(?) to rest... we've been walking for hours already and we were freezing. 

IMG_0706

Mavi was very quiet the whole time, he just kept on observing his surroundings.  He didn't complain even when he's cold already.  But I know for sure that he enjoyed our walk for he has seen so many wonderful things along the way.  The best part of it was doing the walk with his relatives (aside from us of course), to get to know them and spend time with them.  And while I write this point, I suddenly misses Kuya Babet and Kuya Toto... and Zurich itself.  I can't thank the Lord God enough of giving us such opportunities to travel together as a family, and seeing and admiring His work firsthand.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone.  I hope you enjoy these travel stories I had shared so far.  So while we're away, having our vacation and is currently on break with tot school, you can read about our adventures when we were in Rome, or when Mavi chased the pigeons in Milan and when we celebrated Christmas in Zurich.


No comments:

Post a Comment